Thursday, September 3, 2009

Keeping the Lines of Communication Open

I try to incorporate both old- and new-school forms of communication with my kids. So, while we all have cell phones on our family plan and avidly text and call each other with important updates, post on each other's Facebook walls (within reason, of course), and email when we're apart, we also make it a point to turn off all technology during meals together and simply talk face to face when we're together at the table, and to have at least one night a week when we have a game night or movie night and simply enjoy each other's company. I'm thrilled with all of the new forms of communication available today - I think it does make communicating a lot easier - but I think having a balance between mediated and non-mediated communication is ideal!

No comments:

Post a Comment